Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sela Ward's first episode on CSI New York a Success

photo courtesy of CBS.com
For those of you who are wondering who's the new beautiful CSI on CSI:NY and where did Stella Bonasera go? on the season premiere of CSI:New York, both questions was answered as the episode started where last season ended - to very quick resolution in my opinion - as Shane Casey's days of hounding the Messners ended in very nice fashion courtesy of Lindsay Monroe-Messner (won't go on details on this for those who weren't able to see the episode yet).


Now back on to my previous topic. Where's Stella? (spoiler alert here) Stella Bonasera has officially move to the city of New Orleans to lead the CSI group on that area (this would be a nice possible spin-off CSI city if the producers plan of adding another one). And for the next question, "Who the new babe who replaced Stella Bonasera?" Well she's Detective Jo Danville from Virginia (played by the lovely Sela Ward).

My first impression on the character is that she a cool and smart lady and in my humble opinion, an "improvement" over Stella's character but this is just my initial impression as it's still a long way to go if Jo Danville can really replace Stella in the hearts of every CSI:NY fans. She command's respect to which she has showed that on this episode while solving the current case. In terms of Sela Ward's performance, she did very well on his very first episode showing her veteran acting skills to go with her very nice looks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this article as I really support the show CSI: NY and Gary Sinise.
There's just something I admire about Sela Ward and I've not been able to pinpoint only one thing.
She's definitely better looking to me, more astute, but also her character appears to me to have a well refined professional air.
She's not brash or forward seeming; and I think her style of dress is more appropriate for her position.
Her character seems to use some humor to handle the more stressful aspects of her career, and I think the humor is going to work very well with Mac Taylor.
I think Jo is going to put a very much welcomed glint in Mac's eyes and will no doubt bring around some well missed great smiles of his, along with some very enjoyable friendly verbal jousting.
Thank you again for the article, and if you have time, please come by and visit us at
www.facebook.com/GarySiniseFans.
We'd enjoy having you.

Kind Regards,
Victoria

CNSQ Online said...

Your Welcome Victoria, actually I'm a big Sela Ward fans since she previously feature on House and I really expected her to really fit in.

Post a Comment